Dates and Times
- Wednesday, Oct 23, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Nov 13, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Nov 27, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Dec 4, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Dec 11, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, Dec 18, 2019 5:30pm - 8:30pm
1730 H St
Attention fiber arts people! Whether you spin, knit, crochet, weave, or just like the way in your fingers, come on out and join us! We’re your people.
This is a free event that is open to the public.
There are fibers out there, from animals, plants and synthetics that all can be processed and prepared to that they can be joined by twisting into a cohesive long strand, commonly called a string or yarn. The universal process of adding twist into loose fibers is called spinning, and all the ropes, yarns and cables you know are spun, (even the cables on the Golden Gate bridge, -if they were not braided which is another process that, too, has to be preceded by spinning)
We can share our knowledge about fiber source and processing, and offer you the experience of spinning by using our spindles and spinning wheels and other fiber prep equipment.
If you have a spinning wheel sitting around, that you do not know how to use, we can adjust it and maybe even repair it for you and teach you, how to use it.
If you have a stash of fiber, we can look it over with you and help you decide on how best to prepare and put it to use.
So, come in, see what we have to offer, learn some new skills and you might even develop a fascination for yet another set of maker’s skills.