Date and Time for this Past Event
- Sun, Jun 6, 2021 - Sun, Jun 20, 2021 9am - 1pm
Beginning Woodshop runs for 3 sessions of 4 hours and assumes no previous woodworking experience. The goal is to train students in the basic use and safety aspects of the major tools in the woodshop.
Students should plan to attend all three classes.
The first meeting will cover basic safety and project selection. The second and third sessions will be devoted to a project that will reinforce the skills learned on day 1. We will be using many of the tools we practiced on, as well as some layout and marking skills, to build a small project that you will be able to take home and be proud of!
What Not to Wear:
- Do not wear any dangling jewelry or lanyards that can get caught in machinery.
- Do not wear clothing with loose sleeves or draped or dangling elements that can get caught in machinery
- No open toe shoes (anywhere in the facility)
- Long hair and beards should be securely tied back.
- Currently face masks must be worn in all areas of the facility. A cotton cloth mask with ties instead of ear loops must be well secured with no dangling tie ends.
We will provide:
- Eye protection
- Ear plugs if requested
- Materials for class projects
Upon completion of the class, Ideaworks members may be certified to use the covered woodshop tools unsupervised during business hours with instructor's approval.
FREE MONTH OF MEMBERSHIP - New members only
The class includes a one month associate membership to Ideaworks. This offer is only valid for classes $100 and over. Your associate membership starts on the day of your last scheduled class.