The 88th Annual Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade: A Funky Fulton Christmas returned to its original location on the newly re-opened Fulton Street on Saturday, December 2, 2017, in downtown Fresno.
In 2018, the Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade enters its 89th year and has truly become a special event that brings our community together. The Downtown Fresno Partnership looks forward to growing community involvement in the parade planning process and together, paying homage to this historic Fresno event.
Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade
2018 Community Planning Committee
Were you a participant at the 88th Annual Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade? Take a look at the photos here!
- Cinnamon Grooms
- Angela LiAntonio
- Ashley Prendez
- Dean Kasparian
- Edna Collins
- Janette Jimenez
- Laura Maciel
- Mary Ellen Reyes
- Petra Higley
- Priscilla Mendoza
- Sandra Chaires
- Vilay lee
Below are some general expectations as a prospective committee member.
- Have fun!
- Attend scheduled committee meetings
- Arrive on time to committee meetings
- Perform agreed upon tasks as decided in committee meetings
- Report progress of tasks as requested
- Be respectful to Downtown Fresno Partnership staff, partners, and each other
- Represent the committee as you would your workplace or educational institution
Committee Format & Structure
The committee will include 12-15 people with one committee chair. Committee meetings will take place once a month on the date and at the time that works best for all committee members. Meetings will be held at a downtown Fresno restaurant.
The committee chair will be nominated and selected at the first official Christmas Parade Planning Committee meeting in February. The committee chair will work closely with Downtown Fresno Partnership Staff to:
- Ensure the committee has a clear mission or purpose statement
- Develop a work plan and/or set of objectives for the year
- Facilitate committee meetings
- Develop agendas for meetings
- Serve as a resource to the committee as questions arise
- Provide members with adequate information to complete specific tasks
- Represent the Christmas Parade Planning Committee at Downtown Fresno Partnership’s Marketing & Business Development committee meetings to provide necessary updates
Come back on January 2, 2018, for the committee application! Questions? Email email@example.com or call (559) 490-9966 ext. 221.
2017 BY THE NUMBERS
- 2,000 Parade Participants
- 87 Parade Entries
- 8,200 Online Viewers
- 5,000 Parade Attendees
- 172,000 Social Media Reach
- 21 sponsoring organizations
- 54 volunteers
- Over 30 downtown restaurants open before, during, and after the parade
2017 PARADE WINNERS
- Grand Prize: Fresno County Superintendent of Schools
- Best Float: Caporales de Fresno
- Best Marching Band: Roosevelt HS Region Bands & Roosevelt School of the Arts
- Best Holiday Spirit: The Light of the World Church
- Honorable Mentions (3): Purposed II Praise School of Dance, Tiny Paws, Porterville Twirlerettes
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS
Downtown Fresno Partnership staff and board extend their gratitude for and thanks to our many sponsors for the 88th Annual Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade. We believe their generosity and support for the parade and downtown will ensure the success and vibrancy of our greater Fresno community.