Whether you’re new to town, just visiting, or you’re a life-long Fresnan, our Downtown Fresno Ambassadors are here to assist you. Working as walking concierges, here’s how Downtown Ambassadors ensure that Downtown Fresno is friendly, safe, and clean:
- Distribute information about downtown events, businesses, and attractions
- Provide way-finding directions
- Suggest shopping and dining options
- Offer a friendly, welcoming greeting and a smile to everyone
- Work as “extra eyes and ears” reporting criminal behavior to the Fresno Police Department
- Patrol assigned areas to deter unacceptable behaviors
- Escort employees and visitors to their destinations
- Report nonoperational traffic and street lights, sidewalk and street hazards, and other safety concerns
- Proactively pick up litter and monitor cleanliness issues
- Report tags and graffiti to the City of Fresno’s graffiti removal team
- Alert property and business owners of property maintenance and damage
Look for Ambassadors throughout downtown, year-round and seven-days-a-week, in their blue and green uniforms.
Questions about the program? E-mail Rocio Andrade.